Wednesday, July 20, 2011

On parenting

I think about 98.25% of parenting is problem solving. Why are they crying? Are they sick? Hurt? Angry? Just trying to drive me bonkers???

My latest issue has been feeding Kinsley. She HATES green veggies. And that has recently turned into ALL veggies. She spits and cries no matter how many times I try them.

So yesterday I was trying to think of why. Is it the flavor? The texture?

Last night I decided to try something a bit different. Maybe she wants to feed herself?

I made her some peas and carrots and put them on her tray (with low expectations). And she ate them! Peas no longer made her gag and carrots no longer made her shudder. Success!

I guess she is a bit more independent than I give her credit for.

Problem solved.

Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

No comments: