Friday, August 19, 2011

Ears


I am seriously contemplating having these teeny tiny, cute little ears pierced.

At first I was completely against it. Nope, no way, not happening. She needs to wait until she can decide she wants them done.

Then, the other night I saw a picture of a little girl (about Kinsley's age) with cute little earrings in. It was the cutest thing ever. And getting your ears pierced is kind of scary. If I could do it at a time when she will not remember it then maybe that would be best.

I looked online for information about babies getting their ears pierced. Who knew it was such a hotly debated process?? Yikes. People were fighting back and forth about their stance on it. And all of that came up when I just searched for how young they can do it (2 months seems to be the consensus).

On one of the heated discussions there was a very memorable response. A lady was talking about how she was pro-piercing at a young age and someone had replied in a not-so-nice way. She replied something to the effect of why should she wait, we don't wait to circumcise our sons just so they can choose or not. (I think that was a bit dramatic but a good point.)

Besides, most girls/women do have their ears pierced and I am sure it will probably be a decision she would make anyway. And if she got to be 5, 6, 10 years old and HATED earrings then she could just NOT wear them, right?

Oh, decisions, decisions.

Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

No comments: