Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Price Comps 1/09-1/15


Hello, everyone! 

It has been yet another crazy busy week but I promise to get the area stores called and get an update on policies.  And for you Iola folks- your store manager and a few local ladies (Thank you, Autumn and Lisa!) are working on something to make comping a bit easier (so you won't have to show each and every ad).  I will keep you updated!!  

I did make a small change to the comp list.  Some Walmart stores enforce the "limit" that is listed in the ad and some do not.  So instead of having a column for the aisle number, I changed it to "Limit".  This shouldn't be too much of a problem for the people in Ottawa that are used to having our aisles listed as I will still organize it from the back of the store to the front.  I will try to remember to post the limits when I see them this week but I should for sure have it down by next week.  (In my personal opinion I think the limits are great- everyone should have somewhat of a chance to get the great deals!)  Maybe as I am calling the local stores to update the policy sheet I can also ask if they enforce limits or not.  

If you live in or near Lawrence, you might want to check this out: Hyvee on Clinton Pkwy in Lawrence is thanking its customers by offering $20 off $100 worth of groceries.  You print off the coupon and take it in OR you can "like" them on facebook (https://www.facebook.com/ClintonPkwyHV?fref=ts) and just show them the coupon on your smartphone or iPad.  If you "like" them then you get to see the other specials that the post occasionally!  (The coupon link is listed below the comp list links)

Finally, I was honored to be a featured profile on Emporia State University's website! This is very special to me- as many of you know I just graduated from there on December 15th.  Right before graduation, I was contacted by the Marketing Department and they asked if they could use my story.  So here it is: http://www.emporia.edu/profiles/alumni/Emily/Graves/the-busiest-woman-in-the-world

I hope you all have a great week! See you next Wednesday!


**PS** As I was doing the ads, I once again noticed a difference between the Aldi's ad from Lawrence/Topeka and the Olathe area Aldi's.  The Lawrence/Topeka area once again has milk listed for $1.99/gallon.  So if your local Walmart store matches store brand items and will match from the Lawrence/Topeka area then go get your milk!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------







---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------





Moon's (1/09-1/15): http://moonsosawatomie.com/ads/

Checkers (1/09-1/15): http://www.checkersfoods.com/


      



Baldwin City Market (1/09-1/15): http://baldwincitymarket.com/ads/







          

          


1 comment:

Marigene said...

I am so thankful you post the price comps every week...thank you so much!