Saturday, August 21, 2010

Easy & Delicious Breakfast!

(My breakfast work of art)

I am always looking for a fast and easy recipe that doesn't taste like cardboard. I was specifically looking for breakfast ideas since that is the meal we get to eat together as a family. (We needed to get out of our frozen waffle rut.)
I came across this recipe in a magazine and altered it to the needs of my family (no veggies, make it cheesy, etc.). Here is how you do it:

1. Fry some sausage (or your meat of choice).
2. Scramble some eggs (I used 4 farm fresh eggs).
3. Take one roll of refrigerated pizza dough (13.8 oz) and unroll it on a greased cookie sheet.
4. If you are like me, now is the point when you remember to preheat your oven, so preheat it to 425 degrees.
5. Pat out the pizza dough just a bit to make it about 15"x10". Make diagonal cuts down the 2 longest sides (make the cuts about 2" long or just be sure to leave enough room in the middle for the goodies you cooked).
6. We like things cheesy, so I put 4 slices of cheese on the uncut part, top it with your eggs and sausage. I then added 2 more slices cut in half on top.
7. Now take the diagonal pieces you cut into the dough and just fold them over the top. Press the ends a bit to seal. Cook at 425 for 15 minutes or until golden brown.

The best thing about this recipe, besides it being delicious, is that you can put anything you want in it. Put sauce and pepperoni in it for a calzone type supper. Put veggies in it for, well, whatever you do with veggie stuff. Enjoy!
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments: