Thursday, March 03, 2011

My treadmill for today:


I decided to run outside today. It was spectacular out- about 67 degrees and sunny. A bit windy, but much warmer than it has been in a long while.
This was the first time that I have ran outside. It was a different experience.
The bad: I had to run on gravel so I was in constant fear of twisting my ankle, it was windy and hard to run.
The good: It was a lot more entertaining to run outside with scenery, it was fun to see how far I could go, and the weather was amazing.
I tried doing the C25K workout for today but, as expected, I couldn't make it. It was run 20 minutes with no walking. And I KNEW I couldn't make it. But I did my best. I ran as much as I could, walked for just a few seconds when I couldn't, then ran some more. It was a lot of fun. And I know it was a good workout because the dogs were tired also! (Every dog on the farm decided to go for a run with me.) My muscles are a bit more tired than when I workout on the treadmill. Needless to say, I loved it. The only downfall is this is Kansas and the next several days are going to be cold and yucky.
I'm also thinking about signing up for another run- its just a mile and its in 2 weeks. We shall see.

No comments: