Sunday, April 10, 2011

5K on a hot, windy day....


Today I participated in my first 5K EVER. I say "participated" in and not "ran" in because I am a bit disappointed.


I usually run on the treadmill. I recently ran 3.1 miles non-stop on the treadmill. But I got quite a lesson today: running outside is WAY more difficult.


It was quite hot for April in Kansas (close to 90) and VERY windy. It was really quite a challenge. I didn't get to run near as much as I thought I should be able to. But it was a lot of fun.


My finishing time was 41:50. My goal is to do a 30 minute 5K. That always seemed rather realistic until now....


Anyway, my goal was to do a 30 minute 5K on May 14th- that was the first 5K I had intended on doing- this one just came up so I did it. And I am glad I did.

1 comment:

Jennifer T. said...

Congratulations on your first 5K! I wish I had your motivation to be a runner. Maybe someday.