Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Bring it on, baby!


I have something like 37 days before my goal of being able to run a 5k with no walking. I decided I need to step it up a bit....


Each time I jog I try to go a bit further or do it just a bit faster. Last time I ran something like 2 miles straight. Tonight I wanted to run 2 1/4 to 2 1/2. I honestly didn't think I could do it.


After about 20 minutes of running I kind of get my second wind. I don't feel as out of breath and my muscles feel really good. I hit the 2 mile mark and still kept going- I didn't feel too terrible. And then I hit the 2 1/4 mile mark. I tried focusing on Diego (Carter has to watch tv while I jog) and that kind of helped me keep distracted. He was saving baby condors after all. I hit the 2 1/2 mark. Further than I have ever gone. But really, what is another half mile when you have ran that far?? I figured I needed to give it a shot. 2 3/4 came by and I was getting tired but not dead yet. Then I eeked towards 3 miles. But I really couldnt stop there, could I? After all, a 5K is 3.1 miles.


And I did it. I'm so proud of myself. I know that running on a treadmill is a bit easier than running outside but it is still such a huge step for me.


In other news:


Darek got a different job. I know, I know, he has only been working at his new one for a month. But in that month he has had to stay in a hotel like 3 or 4 times, and has been getting home at like 10 and 11 at night. He did have weekends off which was nice and was an improvement, but it still wasn't great. He got a call for an interview last week and went in and they called him today to deliver the good news. He will be working where my dad works so he will be able to carpool. And he will have set hours (and a set wage- yay!) and will get home around 3 in the afternoon EVERYDAY! And he will still have weekends off except for when they are working overtime. I am so excited!


And Miss Kinsley rolled over on her own. She is so roll-y poll-y that I wasn't sure if she would be able to or not but she did! It was cute but she was immediately mad and couldn't roll back over.


I also signed up for a 5k on Sunday- I may not be able to run the whole thing but it will be good practice for my one in May!

No comments: