Thursday, February 03, 2011

Day 3 (repeated....)



(Insert boring treadmill picture HERE but since I dont have one today I will insert a cute baby picture THERE)

I don't have a treadmill picture today. I was jogging like a maniac and accidentaly hit the emergency stop thingy on the treadmill. So, I had to start again and so it looked like I only worked out for 5 minutes. Whoops.

Todays exercise was ok. I feel like I'm going to croak while I am doing it and then as soon as I am done and my breath is caught again I feel great. Like right now for example. I finished about an hour ago and feel like I would be able to go again. Maybe I should go for longer?

Anyway, tomorrow will be my "off" day and then I think I will attempt to start the next week. Week 2's exercises are: Brisk 5 minute warm up walk, then alternate 90 seconds of jogging and two minutes of walking for a total of 20 minutes. I am kind of nervous about this because I am pooped after 60 seconds of jogging. This will be the time when I need someone like they have on TV yelling at me that I can do it and dont stop, etc. But I am not a bagillionaire so I do not have a personal trainer. Let's hope the Black Eyed Peas will be an ok substitute.

Tonight I experimented with going a bit faster than I had been going. It was a bit easier, so maybe I was going too slow. I think I will go the slower speed for my 90 second jog and see how it goes.

Also, I really don't like having an off day. This program suggests it so that way your muscles have a chance to rest and heal. And I agree that this is necessary, I just feel weird not doing anything on my off days. So, I think I am going to walk on the treadmill on those days. Nothing major, just a slow steady walk to make me happy.

More updates to follow :)

No comments: