Monday, February 21, 2011

Week 4, Day 2



(Same workout as the previous one! 16 total minutes of running- not all at once, though!)

I am doing it! I am closing in on the halfway point of the couch-to-5k (C25K for short) program. It is amazing. I want to thank Beth for being my personal cheerleader! I need you here to make me run further, though!

Tonight, I just did NOT feel like giving up. I did the 3 minute jog, then the 5 minute, then the other 3 minute and then I was down to the last 5 minute jog. Go big or go home. Time to do or die. Sh*t or get off the pot (as my dad would say).

You might recall (and if you don't, then just scroll down to the last post) that last time I did a bit of extra walking in between the last set of runs and then I took a break during the 5 minute jog. I figured I would end up doing that again tonight, but I didnt. I wanted to do it just to say that I did it without any breaks. And I made it.

And you know whats crazy? When the nice English lady told me I have 10 seconds left I felt like I could still run another minute if I had to.

P.S. Does anyone have any suggestions for a name for my nice English lady??

1 comment:

Ella A. said...

For some reason the first name that came in my head was Mrs. potts. You know like on beauty and the beast? Which I guess is actually angela landsbury. So maybe Angela? Or ms landsbury? I watch too many kids movies!!!!