Saturday, February 19, 2011

So, I lied.



(Week 4- brisk 5 minute warm-up walk, jog 1/4 mile or 3 minutes, walk 90 seconds, jog 1/2 mile or 5 minutes, walk 2 1/2 minutes, jog 1/4 mile or 3 minutes, walk 90 seconds, jog 1/2 mile or 5 minutes)

Last time I wrote I said that I was going to do another day of week 3. But then I got to thinking: how will I ever go further if I don't just push myself? So why should I do an extra day of week 3 when I KNOW I can do the week 3 workout just fine?

I decided to be brave and try week 4. It sounded SUPER hard, and it was. I did the warm-up walk, jogged the 3 minutes (right now I am going to just go by the time because that is what the program does on my iPod. It should be pretty much right on with the distance), and then walked the 90 seconds. I still felt pretty good but I was sure I wouldn't make it through the 5 minutes. But I DID! I was so proud of myself. 5 WHOLE MINUTES! Then, it was a 2 1/2 minute walk, then I did the 3 minute jog just fine. But after that I was DEAD and so I extended the 90 second walk by about 2 minutes to catch my breath and decided to give the next 5 minute jog a shot. I made it about 3 minutes into it, took a 2 minute walk and then finished up the jog. After a 5 minute cool down walk I was pooped! But I feel great. I'm not even disappointed that I had to do some extra walking because I still did awesome.

I have also been getting a lot of compliments on my weight loss. That is always nice. But the best part is I notice it myself. I am a little less squishy and a little more fit and that is amazing. Anyway, after this week I am half-way through the 5k training!

No comments: