Friday, February 11, 2011

Week 3


(Week 3- 5 minute warm up walk, jog 90 seconds, walk 90 seconds, jog 3 MINUTES *GASP*, walk 3 minutes, jog 90 seconds, walk 90 seconds, jog ANOTHER 3 MINUTES, walk 3 minutes)

Instead of doing an extra day of week 2's workouts, I decided to go ahead and try week 3. I wanted to push myself (especially after last week- I felt like giving up).

I went into today's workout just KNOWING that I could not run 3 minutes. I mean, come on. That is over 400 yards. I can't do that! But I wanted to try. So, I stretched extra good (some of my joints are super sore, so I was hoping that would help), and began my warm up walk. I did the 90 seconds, walked the 90 seconds, and then it was time. I actually made it the WHOLE 3 minutes. I was shocked. I felt like I was going to croak, but I DID IT! I walked 3 minutes, did the last 90 second jog then walk. And I just couldn't do the last 3 minute jog. No way. I decided to walk an extra minute to see if I could catch up enough to try it. I decided to give it a shot. I made it about 2 minutes, stopped for a minute to catch my breath, then ran for about 30 more seconds. I walked a bit more to cool down.

It wasn't a COMPLETE failure. I was happy I made it through the first 3 minutes, and I really did come close on the second set. Hopefully in the next workout or two I can get 'er done.

No comments: